There are a lot of tools out there to help you get your job done, and your effectual use of them is the singular most important factor in your productivity as a developer. One of my favorite questions to ask a candidate in an interview is, "Please name your top five favorite tools besides your IDE." This should be an easy one for a productive developer.
PowerShell is one of my favorite tools, and here's a short list of reasons. PowerShell, I love you because:
- You make it easy to validate my regex is working
- You give me an easy way to test my ExpressionBuilder
- You make it easy to translate a SID to a username
- You make it easy to find the biggest files in a folder recursively
- You make it easy to copy only the largest files that don't have a certain extension
- You're an object-oriented, dynamic language driven SHELL!!!